- Those crazy colours that clash with your hair will look amazing on your feet.
- You don’t have to worry about not buying enough yarn. 100 grams of 4 ply sock yarn will make socks for most feet.
- You can choose any level of challenge from perfectly simple to socks so complex that they make your brain cells squeak.
- Nothing is as comfortable or warm as a pair of hand knit socks.
- There are fabulous sock designers with patterns which will delight and entertain you. Some of my favourites are Rachel Coopey, Aurelie Colas , Claire Devine and Louise Tilbrook
- Socks are a perfectly portable project.
- Even with an expensive sock yarn a pair of socks is still an affordable project.
- sock yarns are wonderfully easy to substitute so there’s a good chance that your favourite yarn and favourite pattern will work together.
- Turning a heel is amazing the first time you do it. Turning a heel is still amazing 20 socks later.
- Most socks generate leftover yarn which can be used for contrasting heels and toes. This produces extra bright socks which is a good thing.
Why do you knit socks?